Monday, May 5, 2014

Love Is More

Love is more than
“Here Comes The Bride” and
Tears running down faces
When beauty is beheld.

Although that is part.

Love is more than
The passion of the wedding night and
The attraction that pulls two people together
In chemistry unexplained.

Although that is part, too.

Love is groceries and tires,
Smelly clothes and dirty dishes.

Love is silence and conversation,
Difficult questions and hard-to-hear answers.

Love is compromise and sacrifice,
Gut-wrenching release and stubborn holding-on.

Love is vulnerability and risk,
Daring honesty and brave heart.

Love is looking into eyes and doggedly declaring:
I believe in you regardless of how well you’re performing;
I see and celebrate the best in you while you can't see it yourself;
I hope for you even when there is nothing to like;
I commit to you though it may be easier to walk away;

I trust you enough to let you love me in return.

Love is not easy.
Love gives and takes time.
Love is perseverance.
Love is laughter, joy, and rhyme.

Love is
I choose you.
Thank you for choosing me.
So let’s keep choosing each other.
Because I really do love you.
And we’re going to figure this out
Together.
Okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment