Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Don't Let Me Miss You


"It's a busy Holy Week - I'm just praying that I won't somehow miss Jesus this week, in the midst of all the busyness."

I just read that sentence in an e-mail from the pastor at my church.

Her next sentence said: "I know you know what I mean!"

I do.

In fact, I've missed Jesus this entire lenten season if I'm truthful.

Work has been busy. I've traveled all over the state speaking about my job and missions. I've met hundreds of people. I've written thousands of words. I've muttered countless, "Dear God"'s. But I've missed Jesus. I've missed his life. His miracles. His work. I've missed this man upon whose name I have built my life.

I'm in my office with the door closed today. I long for silence. I long to meet this Jesus during the hardest week of his life. I long to sit with him like he has sat with me during so many of my dark nights.

I don't want to miss you, God The Redeemer. Don't let me miss you. Today, I am right here...

No comments:

Post a Comment