Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sing Peace, Oh Breath of God

My mind is scattered in so many different directions that I can't rein in my thoughts enough to write. I'm blank. Yet not really. It's like having so many thoughts at once that they cancel each other out. Like black. Or is it white? The one that's all the colors together.

Regardless, the best I can do right now is post song lyrics that I've been singing over and over again today. Anyone resonate with these words?

In this crazy world we live
Nothing seems to go right
Every day is a fight
To see the light
We search for the good
As we sort through the bad
Asking how can I can get away
From here

To a place where there is no hurt
A place where there are no tears
A place where this is no suffering...

To a place where there are no fears
A place where there are no doubts
A place where love is the only way...

Heaven is not so far from here
And we can get there if we will just believe
In Jesus, who lived to set us free
Yes we can get to heaven
And finally live in peace

And one addition...that just came out...an ending to a poem I began over the weekend while on retreat at the place where I feel God most in this world:

Breathe life into these bones,
Oh Spirit Breath of God.
Sing peace through glorious splendor on this day.
In stillness, rest my soul,
Engulfed by Love Divine:
Sing peace, yes peace!
Sing peace, yes peace!
Breathe life and love and peace
Oh Breath of God.

--dd, 3/3/11

No comments:

Post a Comment