Thursday, March 3, 2011

2 From 2005

Some things change. Some things stay the same. I am thankful for words to chronicle it all. And to speak for me now.

----------

To Do It Right
1/27/05

To do it (and)
to do it right
through the screaming
fits that are ruthless
demands selfless
giving over and over and over
again and again and against
the grain of time
is ticking and just won't stop
to rest my child
please rest: lay down sleep tight
muscles ache from the intensity
of life that desires
To do it (and)
to do it right
here and now
forevermore
learning
to try
to grow
to give
a heart of full of love
never dies
the selfishness of me
cannot exist when trying
To do it (and)
to do it right.

------------

I Keep Thinking
4/25/05

If
I can
just get things
together if I can
just get caught up this
once then I will be okay
yet the ink keeps bleeding onto the
page and numbers keep climbing onto the screen
and the light at the end of the tunnel
remains but a dim hope and organization hangs in the rafters

No comments:

Post a Comment