Monday, August 23, 2010

A New Day

"It's a new day, a new day, a day that's been given to me. Everyone gets one, you see..."

It's that time of year again: the start of a new school year for teachers and students alike. Though I don't find myself thrown back into the hustle and bustle of public school halls, I still think of my teacher friends and former students during this time of year. These are my thoughts today:

The beginning of each school year is like the beginning of a new day.

It is influenced by previous years and activities, but it comes with new chances and opportunities.

It holds possibilities that weren't available before this moment in history and it promises to teach you new things if you keep your mind and heart open to what can be learned.

So to anyone reading who is starting a new year:

May this year grow you in wisdom, strength, and knowledge, and may you find your faith more firmly rooted in the awesome love of God when the year is over and you are able to look back and remember.

Friends, joy, and peace be yours.



Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment