Thursday, December 7, 2023

Sick

 

I’m sick.

Again.

Have you noticed the pattern?

After every major trip,

I get sick.

It’s my souvenir.

But it’s not a very pleasant one.

 

After Europe last summer, I had Covid.

It put me out of commission for 10 days.

 

After Disney this fall, I had a cold that took my voice for three weeks.

Thankfully, I didn’t feel too bad, so I didn’t miss work.

I just missed my voice and that was very, very frustrating.

 

After NYC this past weekend, I have what I’m calling the flu,

Although I haven’t taken a flu test.

I missed work yesterday and today, and the jury is out for tomorrow.

Fever, cough, vomiting, a general feeling of malaise.

I’m thankful for high powered cough syrup and pain killers.

And I’m thankful for a mom who made me Jello.

 

I wish that I had some words of wisdom to offer in my convalescence.

But I don’t.

My bed is calling my name and my eyelids are starting to shut as I write.

So I think I’ll close this note up by saying this:

Wear a mask when you travel, Deaton.

Then maybe you won’t come home sick.

😊

No comments:

Post a Comment