Thursday, March 9, 2017

Love Can Build A Bridge

“Tell your kids that they moved a grown man to tears today. No. I’ll just tell them myself.”

We have no costumes. No make-up. No overly fancy choreography. No medley of show-tunes.

But we have a group of kids who love to sing. And we have a very clear theme to sing about and a very poignant message to share: Love.

Love gives us purpose.
Love gives us hope.
Love gives us reason for living and giving.
Love helps us bridge any gaps that keep us apart.

We’ve only had about six hours to practice with our kids this year. Thank God for Alasha The Queen Bee Guidance Counselor who has loaned me her room and artistic talents and helped pull everything together. Two schools and 33 classes between them doesn’t leave me much time for anything. Yet I hope that when the kids look back on Harnett Off Broadway this year they will remember the theme by which I try to live every busy day: Love.

“What you did today, boys and girls, was really good. When you have a message to share and when you sing from your hearts, you don’t need all of that other stuff. Music has the power to move people. And what you all did today moved me. And not just me. There were people all around this auditorium who had tears in their eyes as well. So. Don’t worry about all of that other stuff. Just do what you do well and be yourselves tomorrow night. Let the music in your hearts do its work.”

No comments:

Post a Comment