Thursday, May 19, 2016

What I Learned Today

I learned something today: I wouldn’t make a very good ISS teacher.

On Field Day, my job is to help cover the re-focus station with Barb The Art Teacher.

Instead of being firm and strict with the students who come our way, though, I usually end up talking to them and giving them the individual attention that they crave.

This happened today when I began talking to a student about math and ended up sitting with him and discussing the vocabulary in a beehive book. It was actually a very good book. I learned that bees put nectar in cells and leave it there to dry, thus making honey!

To hear Barb talk about it, I was patting the student on the back, saying a lot of “Good job, sweetie’s,” and filling the room with rainbows and butterflies :-).

I’m not sure about all of that! But it’s true, friends. I wouldn’t be a good ISS teacher.

What about you, friends? What have you learned recently? About yourself or the world? I’d love to hear!

God of Light and Wisdom,
thank you for giving us
minds that can know
and hearts that can love.

Help us to keep learning every day of our lives--
no matter what the subject may be.
Let us be convinced that all knowledge leads to you
and let us know how to find you and love you
in all the things you have made.

Encourage us when life is difficult
and when we are tempted to give up.
Enlighten us when our brains are slow
and help us grasp the truth held out each day.

Grant us the grace to put our knowledge to use
in building the kingdom of God on earth
so that we may enter the kingdom of God in heaven.
Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment