Friday, December 19, 2014

Add To The Beauty

A few years ago as I was preparing to lead a women’s retreat, I heard Sara Groves’ song “Add To The Beauty” and immediately knew that I would turn it into the retreat. I did. And the retreat was a success.

On Sunday night, I went to a Sara Groves’ concert in Raleigh. While there, I purchased her latest CD. While listening to that CD, I re-heard “Add To The Beauty.” When the song played this time, I immediately knew that I would turn its message into this year’s mass Christmas gift. [My mass Christmas gift is a gift that I give my coworkers since I cannot afford giving each one of them individual gifts.] I did. We’ll see if it was a success. I pray that it was. And I pray that its words will be a blessing now:

As teachers, we have the unique opportunity to add to the beauty of this world.
We hold the beautiful secret of belief.
We carry purpose on our hearts.
We come to every morning with possibility.
We know that redemption comes in strange places and small spaces.
We know that each new day calls out the best of who we are.
We believe in the value of community and the necessity of helping souls find their worth.

Just as growing a garden takes time,
Growing children takes the same:
Time, effort, patience, and pruning until something beautiful blossoms.

Thank you for the time that you give and the work you do to
add to the beauty of the school and this world.

Merry Christmas.

--adapted from Sara Groves’ song, “Add To The Beauty.”

No comments:

Post a Comment