Thursday, November 20, 2014

**No defining moments tonight. Just a few poems that I’ve written during the past few months. My prayer is that you will connect with at least of these tonight/today.**

-----

Always, Love, and Amen
8.14

In coming and in going,
In standing up and in lying down,
In successes and in failures,
In plans and in spontaneity,
In courage and in fear;
In all that we say and do--
God--
Guide us and protect us,
Use us and bless us,
Now and forevermore,
Always,
Love, and
Amen.

-----

Fact: I Love You, Friend
9.14

When things fall apart.
Always, I am here. Or there.
I care about you.

-----

Please Don’t Let Me Fall Apart
11.14

Every day
I’ve been dealing with this
mess
and I’m tired.
I am over this
crap.
I need a break.
I need a day to do nothing
before I lose my mind.

I’m usually good
at keeping myself together but
I don’t know
how much longer I can keep it up.
Because all these years I’ve been doing this alone:
Walking on egg-shells,
Trying to stay safe,
Showing up for everyone but myself…
Meanwhile the TV blares
And falls upon broken hearts and blind eyes.

The kids are asleep now.
I think I’ll sit in the quiet.

I need peace.

Because every day
I’ve been dealing with this
mess
and I’m tired.

------

Feel Better
11.14

Feeling bad is bad.
Everything in the world is slow.
Everything in your body hurts.
Life is a little bit harder, and yet still you push through.
Being present is important.
Elevating students above yourself is what you do. But
Try to get some rest. And
Try to take good care of yourself. For
Eliminating germs is
Really, really good. Just like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment