Friday, July 26, 2013

Frames of Love and Light

A few months ago, I received a gift-card n the mail that made me cry. The attached note said something like this:

(We’re) returning one of the nicest gifts a friend (ever) gave us…There is no “should” attached to this gift—use it however you want, be it for something you need, something you want, or a way to nurture your love language of gift giving. Know that we are thankful for you!

I was so touched by this gift that I put it in a special place so that I wouldn’t be tempted to spend it on something frivolous.

Then I forgot about it...as I often do when I put things away for safe keeping.

While looking for post-it notes the other day, I came across the addressed envelope again. Having no recollection of what was in it, I opened it. I read the note inside. I cried. Again.

As I prepared to leave the house today, I packed two prints to be framed. Both prints are prints from local artists. One print is one I’ve had for well over a year and one print is one I’ve had for less than a week. The former is a celebration of a dear friend and mentor’s life and work. The latter is a celebration of my 36th birthday and my ever-expanding orange fish collection.

Both are now framed with frames purchased with the gift card mentioned above.

Both are now filled and surrounded by thanksgiving, love, and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment