Monday, June 25, 2012

Deanna's Day Off

At some point during the night, Gunther the GPS decided that he wanted to see the hazard lights blinking on GiGi The White Ant. So he leapt off of the windshield, cut on the lights, and laid in the front seat watching them until they got tired and stopped.

As a result of Gunther’s antics Gigi didn’t have enough energy to start this morning, so she sat in the garage and slept while I drove my aunt’s car to the dentist. Eventually, Gigi underwent surgery and received a new battery. After the battery transplant she was feeling so good that she took my aunt and me to the community garden to pick vegetables. She came back with a tired aunt and an itching Deanna and one bag of beans and tiny little vegetables and one bag of not-so-good corn. Later this evening, she’ll head down to the SC and stay for the rest of the week.

Here’s the neat thing:

My dad’s friend Howard came to town this morning to visit his daughter and do some work at her house. When he got here, though, she wasn’t home. Since he was in town, Howard stopped by my dad’s office to visit. Since my dad was at home with me, my dad’s assistant called the house so that Howard could speak to my dad. During that conversation, my dad asked Howard to come help us with the car, so Howard came to the house, fully tooled, and performed the necessary surgery on GiGi. Afterwards, my dad and Howard sat and talked and both of them declared the entire event a gift of grace and serendipity. I agree.

Meanwhile, my aunt was slaughtering my mom and me at Boggle, my grandmother was relaxing on the couch, and my teeth were hurting from the firm flossing they received this morning.

Such has been my day off with teeth, batteries, Boggle, tiny little vegetables, and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment