Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sometimes

They're nothing like they used to be, but sometimes I still have bad nights.

Sometimes I feel so sad that it seems as if my heart is literally going to break and that I am going to be left alone to suffer in my shortcomings for the rest of my life.

Sometimes--especially after a long, frustrating, hard, and taxing day--I can only hear words of failure, of heavily getting life wrong, of being a disappointment to everyone and everything because there is never enough time to complete my work and never enough time to spend with those I love.

Sometimes grief consumes me and pours down my face.
Sometimes hurt surrounds me and gets stuck in my chest.
Sometimes insecurity deafens me and spews from my mouth.
Sometimes exhaustion paralyzes me and weighs down my bones.

I suppose you've figured out that
Sometimes is tonight.

'Cause sometimes all I can do is be quietly grateful that God created rest and go to bed early and tell my mind to stop and imagine my thoughts drifting and allow myself to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment